Titles and Sound

 For the second phase of editing, it was time to add in the titles and sound. You can add the titles all through the opening scene of the film, in a sp
ecific order. I referred to my Opening Scene project from sophomore year to try to remember how I incorporated the titles. For that project, we also were doing a horror-thriller movie. So, it gave me the inspiration to do similar titles to add to the mood. In my opening scene project, I started off with an establishing shot of the house being filmed at, where the title of the film was displayed. This gave me some inspiration to maybe go film some of these "filler" clips to be able to add better titles. We also added some soundtrack to the film. During Elle's car ride home, we added some low-paced alternative music to establish to the audience Elle's mental state. The low music over the bustling city around Elle shows how crowded her mind is at the moment. 

After some final touches of editing, it seems that Alex and I have the basis for our film down. It seems that it is not uncommon for the editing of a film to be a filmmaker's favorite. This quote by Phillip Hoffman shows, "The film is made in the editing room. The shooting of the film is about shopping, almost. It's like going to get all the ingredients together, and you've got to make sure before you leave the store that you got all the ingredients. And then you take those ingredients and you can make a good cake - or not." Along with the famous Steven Spielberg, he says, "I love editing. It's one of my favorite parts about filmmaking."


   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Locations

Re-Filming

Beginning of Editing